iMaptools delivers the latest U.S. Census Bureau's TIGER/Line® data sets together with its cartographic styling to provide fast beautifully designed, highly effective maps. Designed for online mapping applications that need to be fast and pleasing to your clients.
- Faster time to market – We specialize in mapping and geospatial tools. You need to focus on your core competencies, not trying to figure out a lot of new and specialized technology that we already know about. This product is a turnkey solution that lets you focus on integrating mapping with the applications that are core to your business.
- Capacity – Our highly optimized maps are very efficient from a server point of view. We have commercial clients that serve nearly half a million maps per day from their production clusters and we have small clients that are just starting out. Both are concerned about capacity and use us because we know how to make Mapserver go fast!
- Cost Control – We insure that you have the capacity to handle the demand for maps that your application may generate over time with minimal increase in costs. Our flexible site licensing and use of an OpenSource mapping engine means that your costs are mostly related to hardware and bandwidth. You don't have to pay ever-increasing costs for pay-per-click services, or additional software licensing fees.
- Customer Acceptance – Our maps are pleasing and informative. We have worked hard to make them have an appropriate level of content at all map scales and to look modern and current with the industry trends.
- The latest release of the Tiger files preprocessed for mapping performance and optimized for styling.
- Coverage for the US States, Puerto Rico, and the Island Territories
- Additional overview layers that provide context by include all the world countries and capitals.
- A UMN Mapserver mapfile that works with the latest version(s) of Mapserver.
- All the supporting files, tile indexes and spatial indexes that are need for Mapserver to be fast.
- The original Tiger documentation and complete documentation on the data can be provided on request.
- A basic web based map viewer to view the data.
These are some of the typical layers that we can provide. View our demos to see how these display.
- World countries as a reference layer
- Placename coverage
- County polygon layer
- County sub-division polygon layer
- Place polygon layer
- Landmark polygon layer
- Water area polygon layer
- Landmark point layer
- Road network line layer
- Trails line layer
- Railroad line layer
- And other miscellaneous data layers that might be useful but are not included in the current mapfile.
- iMaptools offers a site license which covers all data, source code and other deliverables. We allow private labeling of the maps. While we would appreciate a link back to iMaptools.com it is not required.
- We do not have any monthly or annual maintenance fees. We offer a data update service on a pay as you go basis that is totally at your discretion.
- U.S. Streets Mapping license costs US$3,500.
- Optional tile cache service for an additional US$500.